Bolex Blog


Using the Bolex for the long take was a process. I struggled a little bit to put the film in when we were practicing with it the week before the shoot, so when we actually were about to film I had one of my other group members to put the film in.  I think it is really interesting how the camera works, and would maybe look into working with similar cameras in the future. Our first go around, we filmed another group film their long take, I came up with that idea. We didn’t get to shoot from the angle we wanted to at first because the it would have been overexposed, so we found another angle to film from. After we did this we processed the film, which was the ten of the most uncomfortable minutes of my life. The black box was one of the darkest places that I have ever been. Unfortunately, something went wrong with the film and none of it developed. We then had to film again, so we filmed another group this time. We then had to go figure out the lighting again, and wait for the other group to get all of their stuff set up. After waiting for all of it to get set up we tried to start filming at the same exact time as them but then we had another problem. I didn’t see exactly what happened but I think we had forgotten to wind the Bolex camera up so it didn’t start. We decided to instead film the everyone just hanging out after the other group finished. I think this was even better than our original idea because it caught everyone in the moment, which in the long run can be sort of a beautiful thing. This time the development worked, so that was that for the filming process.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Personal "Rough Theater"

Week 1 Blog